Reception and Event Catering
Enjoy a peaceful setting surrounded by acres of woodland and thousands of
- You may provide your own food for your Reception if you wish to save
on costs. There is a nominal charge for linens and cleanup of $2.00 per
- If we cater your reception you can choose between a full home-cooked
buffet meal or a selection of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, fresh fruit,
veggie trays, cheese balls, or dips (ask for details by email).
- Enjoy your meal in our new Ballroom which is available for year-round
weddings and receptions and other events.
- Reception guests may enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the Gardens
during their visit.
- Perhaps you would like to have your Wedding at church and then come
to Sunshine Hollow for an elegant Reception.
- Receptions include the use of our 4000 square foot Ballroom, guest
tables, and chairs for your guests. Light decorations in the Ballroom,
Bride and Groom Table with chairs, Registration/Wedding Gift Table, Wedding
Cake table (if we provide the cake), and a Punch table (if we furnish the
Types of Meals Available
Full Buffet Meals
For a reception at noon or six in the evening where the
food will be considered a meal by the attendees, we suggest
one of our delicious buffets. You have many choices of
delicious homemade entrees, side dishes and desserts. Items
are prepared fresh and served hot from our adjoining Bakery
kitchen. We have a wide range of foods available and we
suggest adding an extra entree or dessert to make your meal
even more enjoyable for those attending. Buffet Option One
on our menu is only $13.95 per person (plus tax). We have
gotten rave reviews for our food from not only Wedding
Guests and Brides and Grooms but Wedding Photographers,
Ministers etc. who attend many Weddings. For menus
available, see our buffet
Hors d'oeuvres Reception
We can provide various kinds of hors d'oeuvres. Some
examples would be finger sandwiches and petite quiches, warm
Italian meat balls in sauce, vegetable, cheese and fruit
trays depending on your wishes. Some of these types of foods
are priced per piece and some per person. The wedding
reception party can decide which items and how much of each
item to offer their guests. You must pick items totaling
$13.95 or more for all the items furnished for the reception
to be included at no cost. You may add more items at an
additional charge. See our Hors d'oeuvres selection page for details.
Wedding Cakes and Grooms Cakes
- We specialize in three tier weddings cakes with your
choice of flavors and real butter cream icing made with
real butter decorated with fresh flowers such as Roses.
Please see our
Wedding Cake Photo Gallery.
- Prices for wedding cakes start at $2.95 per serving
which is about half what you would pay at a traditional
bakery plus there is no delivery and setup charge.
- We usually make Groom’s Cakes with Chocolate
Ganache fillings and rich chocolate fudge icing and
decorated with Strawberries in season or we make Coconut
Cakes with real cream cheese coconut icing and filling
and decorated with Maraschino Cherries.
- Groom’s cakes start at $75.00 and they are usually
completely gone by the end of the reception.
can provide Wedding Punch for your reception. We make wedding
punch in two different ways. Traditional Ginger Ale - Sherbet or
our specialty Fruited Ice Tea made with orange and lemon juice
and decorated with slices of the same with frozen punch
decorations. If we are providing Punch for your wedding then we
will also furnish a punch table, punch ladle, antique punch
bowl, cups and napkins and serve the Wedding Punch.
We will provide the following services for receptions
that we cater:
- Sunshine Hollow will set up enough tables and white guest chairs (8 per
table) for your party.
- Mid table length white linen table clothes are included for each table.
- Serving modules with linen and lace toppers for food items are included.
- One 4'x4' punch serving table with white tablecloth & lace topper if
punch is being served.
- One covered table for registration/wedding gift if desired.
- One Bride and Groom or Wedding party table with chairs.
- Sunshine Hollow will help with parking and direction of participants to
- We provide a full drink service for the entire reception. There is no
need for the wedding party to bring drinks for their guests.
- We also provide several other
additional services at extra charge.
Be sure to read the following terms and conditions:
- Minimum of 50 paid reception guests are required to
receive reception benefits.
- Reception party must specify number of guests one
week prior to event. Additional guests above that number
will be charged the amount specified in the Reception
- Please add 9.75% sales tax to all prices (all caterers,
venue rentals are required to do the same).
- A standard gratuity of 15% will be added to all meal
services before tax.
- Advanced deposit for receptions is 25% and is due
one week before the reception. The deposit is
non-refundable but will be deducted from the total event
- Prices are subject to change without notice unless a
contract is signed and a deposit is paid.
- Full payment due the day before the reception
- Sunshine Hollow reserves the right to approve use of
favors, fireworks, table and pavilion decorations and
items tossed at the bride and groom. Please discuss with
us what you will be using prior to the Reception.
- Sunshine Hollow reserves the right to approve the
consumption of alcoholic beverages at the reception.
Anyone who is obviously intoxicated will be asked to
leave the premises.
- No smoking is permitted in any buildings or
restrooms. Please let others enjoy the clean air in the
- See our page on Wedding
and Reception Terms for complete terms of rental.
Please Provide These Yourself
- If you want additional decorations, back drops, table
flower arrangements & display stands you or your florist
must provide these. The reception party or florist will
remove same immediately after reception unless prior
arrangements are made.
- Reception Party will need to provide any persons
necessary to seat and handle guests such as ushers and
greeters; also any persons to serve the wedding cake,
musicians, photographers and others necessary for the
Reception Photo Gallery
Please check out pictures from previous receptions in our
Reception Photo Gallery